What a great morning so far. Woke and did my normal fresh squeezed lemon water drink. Yoga in my newly cleaned rearranged room. Elliptical for 20 minutes, and now for breakfast!
I decided to break open a young thai coconut and use the coconut water in Ruth’s Chia Goodness Cranberry Ginger Raw Cereal!! (the original flavor is 100% Raw). I have been eating this stuff for about a year now. I love it. It’s not just for breakfast. It’s an instant Raw cereal you can eat cold or hot, so it is perfect to carry around with you for when you get hungry or need a powerful pick-me up!
My friend Michelle needed a dairy free option for Ranch Dressing for her daughter. I found 2 recipes. I have not tried these, so Michelle you have to let me know how they are. I will be trying them soon, cause I too like Ranch but can’t do the dairy very well.
from: The Complete Guide to Vegan Food Substitutions
Combine all ingredients until well incorporated. Store dressing in airtight container for up to 2 weeks in the fridge. Makes 1 1/2 cups.
from: Vegan Lunch Box
EASY RANCH DIP:
• 1/2 cup plain, unsweetened soymilk
• 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1 (15 oz) can white beans, rinsed & drained
• 1 teaspoon dried dill
• 1 teaspoon dried parsley
• 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
• 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• Pinch of cayenne
• 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
• Freshly ground black or white pepper
1. Combine the soymilk & lemon juice & set aside for 2 minutes (the mixture will curdle). Add the soy “buttermilk” to the beans in a blender & blend on high until completely smooth, about 2 minutes or more, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed.
2. Spoon the mixture into a bowl & stir in the rest of the ingredients, seasoning with pepper to taste. Cover & chill for several hours in the fridge before serving.