I had one young Thai coconut left in the fridge, so I decided to make dinner with it. This raw vegan soup is amazing and full of rich flavor. I couldn’t believe it! So simple to make if you have a Vitamix blender. Keep blending until it becomes warm. Make sure you don’t go over 116 to 118 degrees. After 118 degrees you will start killing the nutrition and the Coconut Curry soup will no longer be considered a Raw Soup!
From Kristen Suzanne’s Easy Raw Vegan Soups book:
• 1 young Thai Coconut, meat and water
• 3 medium carrots, chopped
• 1 apple, cored and chopped
• 1 1/2 tbs red onion, chopped
• 1 tbs fresh lime juice (I used lemon)
• 1 tbs fresh orange juice
• 1 tbs curry powder
• 2 tbs coconut oil
• 2 tsp fresh minced ginger or 1/2 tsp ground
• 1 tsp Himalayan crystal salt ( I used 1/2 tsp real salt)
• 1 pinch cayenne pepper
Blend all of the ingredients until smooth and warm.