VEGAN BERRY MUFFINS
• 1 cup Un-bleached all-purpose flour
• 1 cup whole wheat flour (I use my Vitamix to make my own wheat flour by grinding organic wheat berries. Approximately 1.5 c equals 2 c flour)
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• Zest of a medium orange
• 1/4 cup organic sugar
• 2-3 very ripe bananas mashed
• 1 cup nondairy milk
• 1 teaspoon almond extract
• 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
• 1/2 cup blueberries
• 1/2 cup blackberries
preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease muffin pans. I like to use the mini muffin pans. Bite size goodness!
In medium size bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, sea salt & orange zest.
In a large bowl, combine sugar, mashed banana, nondairy milk, olive oil, almond extract & vinegar. Mix well. Add flour mixture, stir until just blended. Gently fold in berries.
Fill muffin pans 1-3 full and cook for about 18-20m. Muffins are done when lightly brown and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
This recipe was inspired from “The Joy of Vegan Baking” by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. Recipe Blueberry Lemon Muffins page 39.