This is an altered recipe from ‘The Complete Guide To Vegan Food Substitutions’. Delicious, kid-approved gluen-free, wheat-free, soy-free, dairy-free, egg-free peanut-butter cookies. If allergic to peanut-butter use almond-butter instead. Add chocolate chips or cacao/cocoa/carob powder, play with it. Cookie dough you dont’t feel guilty eating!
Servings: 75 (1.5′-2′) diameter cookies.
Prep time: About 30-45 min prep-time. 20 min for Baking per oven load.
- 2 cups Organic Peanut Butter
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Agave Nectar
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract GF
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 cups Flaxseeds Freshly Ground = roughly 3 cups Flaxmeal
- Preheat oven to 300° F (150° C, or gas mark 2). In a large bowl add peanut butter, agave nectar & vanilla extract. Mix well.
- With a clean coffee grinder ground flaxseeds 1/4 cup at a time or add slightly less than 3 cups flaxseed meal to peanut butter mixture. Grinding flaxseeds yourself insures the most nutrients.
- With a melon spoon scrap enough dough (over-heeping) to form a small ball. Place on cookie sheet layered with parchment paper. These do not enlarge like regualr flour cookies so you can fit 4 rows across & 7 down = 28 cookies per sheet.
- Once cookie sheet is filled take a fork and press dough in a rolling action leaving fork indent. Do again in the opppsite direction to form traditional peanut butter cookie marking.
- Bake for 20 min or until golden brown.