Delicious homemade treat made from scratch, even the flour and applesauce. Vitamix Wet and Dry Containers are needed. If you do not have a Vitamix Blender then just have your favorite Gluten Free flour and applesauce on hand. Organic is always best! If you double the recipe still only use 4 drops of stevia & slowly add salt, double the amount might be too much.
12 Muffins or 1 Bread Loaf
30 to 45 min to prepare. 30-60 min Baking.
- 3/4 c ea. of Garbonzo Beans & Rice (uncooked)
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 2 Apples Cored & Peeled
- 1 tbl Lemon Juice
- MUFFIN/BREAD MIXTURE:
- 1 2/3 c Gluten Free Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp + 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 Egg or 1/4 c Egg Substitute
- 1/4 c Honey + 4 Drops Stevia
- 1/3 c Apple Juice
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 1/4 c Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1/4 c Applesauce
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
Place all beans, rice and salt in a Vitamix Dry Container.
Set to variable 1.
Quickly move to 10.
Switch to high and grind for 60 sec.
Sift 1 2/3 c freshly ground flour in a mixing bowl to remove any unground beans or rice.
Place apples and lemon juice in Vitamix Wet Container.
Set to Variable 1.
Quickly move to 5.
Mix until well blended. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
Line muffin pan with papers or grease and flour muffin pan or loaf pan.
- In mixing bowl with flour add baking powder, cinnamon and xanthan gum. Blend well.
- Place egg or egg substitute, honey + stevia drops, coconut oil, apple juice, lemon zest, bananas and applesauce into Vitamix Wet Container.
Select variable 1.
Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to variable 5.
Blend for 10-15 seconds or until mixed.
- Pour batter into dry ingredients and mix gently by hand or with spatula to combine.
Let rest for 5 minutes.
Batter should be fluffy.
- With a large spoon scoop batter into muffin papers or pour into loaf pan.
- Muffins bake for 30 min and loaf for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean