• 3-4 Kale Leaves
• 2 Oranges peeled
• 2 Frozen Bananas
• Large Scoop Peanut Butter
• 1-2 cups Non-Dairy Milk
Blend and Enjoy!
This is a wonderful morning drink before breakfast!
• Juice of 1/2 a lemon
• 1 tablespoon Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
• Juice of 1″ fresh ginger
• dash of cayenne pepper
• spring water
use a small grater, and grate up the fresh ginger. Take the grated ginger pieces and place in the palm of your hand. Squeeze ginger juice into jar! Best way to juice ginger that I know of.
Ok, so many people keep asking me about smoothies and juices. So I will start posting my daily smoothie or juice each day! Well I will do my best to post each day. A good challenge for me.
• 2 handfuls of Greens. I used A blend of Power Greens (Chard, Kale & Spinach)
• 1-2 cups fresh or frozen Pineapple
• 1 Pear, stem removed
• 1 Lime peeled
• 1 frozen Banana
• 11/12 oz of Organic Coconut Water or Water
This made 3 pint (16 oz) jars! I drink one now and the other 2 throughout the day. Enjoy!
VEGAN BERRY MUFFINS
• 1 cup Un-bleached all-purpose flour
• 1 cup whole wheat flour (I use my Vitamix to make my own wheat flour by grinding organic wheat berries. Approximately 1.5 c equals 2 c flour)
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• Zest of a medium orange
• 1/4 cup organic sugar
• 2-3 very ripe bananas mashed
• 1 cup nondairy milk
• 1 teaspoon almond extract
• 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
• 1/2 cup blueberries
• 1/2 cup blackberries
preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease muffin pans. I like to use the mini muffin pans. Bite size goodness!
In medium size bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, sea salt & orange zest.
In a large bowl, combine sugar, mashed banana, nondairy milk, olive oil, almond extract & vinegar. Mix well. Add flour mixture, stir until just blended. Gently fold in berries.
Fill muffin pans 1-3 full and cook for about 18-20m. Muffins are done when lightly brown and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
This recipe was inspired from “The Joy of Vegan Baking” by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. Recipe Blueberry Lemon Muffins page 39.