Morning Friends! This morning I am going to make another frittata for breakfast in my Solavore Solar Sport Oven. I am so enjoying harvesting the suns energy to cook my family meals. I set my solar oven outside at about 8am to preheat with the reflectors, since it is early morning time and the rays are not very hot at the moment.
TIP when cooking with liquid: Yesterday when I made my first frittata I didn’t have the solar oven level, so when I checked on my dish it was all formed up on one side leaving a very thin layer of egg matter on its opposite side. So make sure you have your solar oven on a leveled surface.
Zucchini Swiss Chard Frittata
• 1-2 cups thinly sliced swiss chard
• 1 small zucchini sliced into thin rounds
• 1 medium chopped bell pepper
• 1/2 – 1 cup chopped scallions
• 1/4 – 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
• 8 eggs
• Milk – optional
• Handful of minced herbs (I used oregano, dill & thyme)
• Coconut oil
• Salt & Pepper to taste
• Preheat your solar oven
• Sauté the bell peppers in a skillet, medium heat, with some coconut oil, until they start to brown.
• While the bell peppers are cooking, grease the inside of your dark 4 qrt. pot with coconut oil and layer the bottom with the sliced swiss chard.
• Cover the swiss chard with a layer of sliced zucchini rounds so you can no longer see the chard. Season with salt and pepper.
• Now add the sautéed bell peppers, scallions and minced herbs. Top off with the feta cheese crumbles.
• In a separate bowl blend your eggs together until well combined. You can add a little bit of milk if you desire. Pour over mixture.
• Season the top with salt & pepper.
• Cover with lid and place into your preheated solar oven for 1-2hrs.
ready to place in the solar oven
1hr and 45m later breakfast is ready!